Y3 – Autumn One Overview
Welcome to Year 3 our teacher is Miss Lee. We also have our teaching assistants Mrs Chambers and Mrs Robinson.
This term our topic is the UK and Africa! We will be learning about Rivers and Mountains in the UK and how our nation is changing. During our work on Africa we will be exploring Fair Trade and African Climates.
During English this term our focus will be on developing our writing and reading. We will be studying the book James and the Giant Peach and learning how to write Non Chronological reports, diary entries and play scripts.
During Maths we will be focusing on the place value of 3 digit numbers, addition and subtractions and multiplication and division.
Remember to read at home, learn your spellings and times tables.
We look forward to a successful year ahead!
· 6 spellings will be sent home on Friday and tested the following week. These will be the Year 2, 3 and 4 Common Exception Words.
· As reading is extremely important in children’s education, we expect them to read on a daily basis which will contribute to their reads over the course of the year.
· Other homework news to follow
Physical Education and Swimming
· Please make sure your child’s PE kit is in school at all times.
· Swimming will take place on a Tuesday Afternoon.
Clubs: Information to follow
Thank you for your support – Miss Lee