Year Five & Year Six
Welcome to the Year 5 and 6 class page.
Meet the team: Mrs Abbott, Mr Shaw and Mr Herring are our wonderful class teachers.
Mrs Robinson, Miss Rick and Mrs Robinson are our delightful teaching assistants.
On this page, you will find useful information, updates and important events. You will also be able to see what we have been doing in class.
Drop off & Collection – Start time is 8.40am on the school playground. Collection time is 3.30pm from the school field/walk to the gate (you have completed the ‘Going Home’ letter).
PE: Mr Shaw and Miss Rick's class will now have PE on MONDAY. The PE day for Mr Herring's classes is now THURSDAY. Mrs Abbott's class have PE with Mrs Robinson on a FRIDAY.
Year 5 pupils also have PE sessions on MONDAY. PE kits are to be worn on PE days. Please ensure that children have the correct kit for indoor and outdoor sessions. We have some fantastic sessions planned for PE this year.
Spellings & Homework: Spellings and homework will be sent home on Monday and due in for the following Monday. These will be paper copies. The children will be given their spellings every Monday, and they will be tested on these on the following Monday. The spelling rule for each week will also be taught in the classroom alongside practicing and consolidating them at home.
Summer Term: Our History topic for this term is 'The Elizabethans'.
Throughout this topic, the children will be learning about:
- Tudor chronology and coronation of Elizabeth I.
- Comparing the social structures and activities of
- Studying the Spanish Armada.
- Significant Person and Place: William Shakespeare and
the Globe Theatre. Shakespearian places and their
impact on modern writing and culture
You can help your child progress by:
- Provide an opportunity for your children to read as much as possible.
- Encouraging your children to find out about life in the Elizabethan era and how this compares to our daily life now.
- Visit the local library to borrow books.